The comprehensive health care reform law enacted in March 2010 commonly referred to ACA, PPACA or Obamacare has three primary goals.
- Make affordable health insurance available to more people. The law provides consumers with subsidies (“premium tax credits”) that lower costs for households with incomes between 100% and 400% of the federal poverty level (FPL). Note: If your income is above 400% FPL, you may still qualify for the premium tax credit in 2021.
- Expand the Medicaid program to cover all adults with income below 138% of the FPL. (Not all states have expanded their Medicaid programs.)
- Support innovative medical care delivery methods designed to lower the costs of health care generally.
You may be able to get more savings and lower costs on Marketplace health insurance coverage due to the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021. Under the new law:
- More people than ever before qualify for help paying for health coverage, even those who weren’t eligible in the past.
- Most people currently enrolled in a Marketplace plan may qualify for more tax credits.
- Health insurance premiums after these new savings will go down.
We can help you navigate the Affordable Health Care Act and find the plan that is right for you. Connect with us today.